Research support Unit
The research support unit provides support for researchers in many areas and during different stages of their research process.
The research support Unit consists of: a Rewards Office, Financial Affairs office, Data Collection, Processing, and Analysis.
As an encouragement and recognition to faculty members and staff, the rewards office handles the monitory rewards and recognizes active researchers.
Rewards Policies & Procedures
Please, click on the link below to fill out a Reward Request form:
The categories are:
Researcher of the month
Each month, the Deanship of Scientific Research acknowledges the efforts of faculty and staff and honors them by nominating a researcher of the month and features them on the website, and in the DSR E-Newsletter. The selection is made by the researcher’s publications if they have received an award, their innovative ideas, and their citation index.
Previous winners: 2019
Previous winners: 2018
Previous winners: 2017
Previous winners: 2016
Dr.Abdullah Dahlan Best Researcher Award
The outstanding researcher award will be awarded to UBT innovative researchers in recognition of their contribution to the research field.
Amount of the Award
The recipients of the award shall receive the following prizes:
- Plaque of recognition
- Cash award of 20,000 SAR
- Applicants who have spent more than one year at UBT and have not received this award in the last 3 years.
- Applicants who have innovative and creative research that has been published in the last 5 years.
- Research in the Science and Engineering field - Research in the Business, administration and advertising field.
The Nomination deadline is April 15th, 2018 (for research to be submitted to the Dean of Scientific Research)
And the team:
The award should be announced during the commencement ceremony on the 25th of April 2018.
- Nomination Application by the primary investigator (PI)
- Research Statement that presents the applicant’s current scholarly activities, as well as during the last 5 years.
- Updated CV of the PI
- Update the online Publication Database: www.ubt.edu.sa/rcc
- Copies of published papers (in the last 5 years)
- Evidences of conference participation.
- Evidences of grants under UBT affiliation.
- Evidences of Awards under UBT affiliation.
Criteria of Selection
- Number of Published papers (in the last 5 years)
- Impact factor of journal where the research is published
- H-index of the nominee
- International & National collaboration
- Number of awards received by the nominee
- Number of conferences in which the nominee presented research.
- Level of originality and results applicability
- Implications of the results for the Saudi Society.
- Level of Contribution to economic development
- Level of community service
Previous winners 2017:
Mohammad Zulfeequar Alam
Marketing Strategies For The promotion of E-Commerce in Saudi Arabia
E-commerce has depended on new calls for marketing these days because of the changes in the associated behavior of consumer habits, and how the way of purchase changed during the new millennium due to technological innovation and external communications methods of marketing. Due to fast increase in the attention of consumers in online marketing, it has become the ideal means of purchasing; and the pattern of doing shopping for people around the world. In Saudi Arabia, the internet has become a part of life, and citizens are motivated to obtain their demands online, but the electronic procurement direction still has not kept the significant place of marketing in Saudi Arabia. The present study is to measure the e-commerce motivational factors and to identify the strategy for the promotion of electronic business in the region. For the study, a survey of 128 respondents of Saudi Arabian purchasers was conducted during the three months from September to November 2015. Data collection was carried out using a structured and close-ended questionnaire. The received data were coded and analyzed with proper analytical tools. It was investigated that the majority of the respondents had been involved in e-marketing; as well as an alternative one. Moreover, the timing of e-marketing significantly differed in opinion among the people, and discount offers were the most motivational factors for e marketing by the people.
Keywords: E-commerce, promotional strategy, e-marketing, Saudi Arabia
High-Speed Image registration Algorithm with Subpixel Accuracy
A new, fast and computationally efficient lateral subpixel shift registration algorithm is presented. It is limited to registering images that differ by small subpixel shifts; otherwise, its performance degrades. This algorithm significantly improves the performance of the single-step discrete Fourier transform approach proposed by Guizar-Sicairos et al.; and can be applied efficiently on large dimension images. It reduces the dimension of Fourier transform of the cross correlation matrix and reduces the discrete Fourier transform (DFT) matrix multiplications to speed up the registration process. Simulations show that our algorithm reduces computation time and memory requirements without sacrificing the accuracy associated with the usual FFT approach accuracy.
Keywords: Fast Fourier transform, phase correlation, subpixel registration.
ISI Publication award
The International Scientific Index (ISI) provides indexing of major international journals and proceedings. The impact factor is also calculated for indexed journals that got a validated stamp from ISI.
Journal indexed with ISI are based on following Selection Criteria.
- Quality of Publication
- Manuscript Quality
- Presentational Quality
- Editorial Quality.
UBT, represented by DSR, in recognition for quality publications offers monetary rewards for researchers who succeed in publishing their manuscript in ISI journals. The Value of the prize depends on the impact factor of the ISI journal.
List of recommended (ISI) journal
Financial Affairs Office
The Financial Affairs Office supports researchers in:
- Reimbursement of publication fees for open access journals
- Follow-up with the payments for the funded research
- Audit the receipts and the payment of the funded research
Policies and procedures
Please, click on the link below to download the Financial Request Policies & Procedures
Download the policies (word document)
- Please, click on the link below to fill out a Financial Request form: Click here
Data Collection, Processing, and Analysis Office
The Data Office supports researchers in:
- Collect new data
- Use a previously collected data
- Extract data in an appropriate output
- Confirm the data integrity
- Describe facts,
- Detect patterns,
- Develop explanations
- Test hypotheses.
- Assure data quality assurance,
- Analyze statistical data,
- Interpretation of results.
Policies and procedures
- Please, click on the link below to download the Data Collection Policies & Procedures
Download the application (word document)
Please, click on the link below to fill out a Data Collection, Processing, and Analysis request form: