Role & responsibility of the Legal Department:
- Reporting directly and merely to the Rector (President of UBT).
- Reference point for all other departments & divisions for any legal advice and lawful direction on daily basis in order to check that all memos and decisions are matching the law.
- Final station for any contract or agreement in order to approve its legality & protect the interest of UBT.
- Final station for the commercial & marketing departments to approve any publications or advertisements before reaching the public.
- Providing the HR and FD with guidance regarding the Saudi Labor Law.
- Representing UBT and act on its behalf in all official institutions & courts.
- Conducting investigations and enquiries when needed and file them to the Rector.
- Providing personal legal advice to individuals when sought.