Learning Management System User Services:
- In the case of a request to delete/add a male or female student in a course with a faculty member, it is made based on an official request from the faculty member (the course owner), and the request should contain the student’s name/student, university number, course name, course number, section number The request is submitted to the Director of the Distance Education Department, who verifies that all conditions are met and then transferred to the Technical Support Department (the process of adding/deleting 24 hours in the system). The result of the request is received from the Technical Support Department, and then the faculty member responds.
- In the case of a request to add or modify more than one user, the request must be in the form of an excel file, and each row contains (username, university email, add validity, course name, division, type of operation, whether adding, deleting, or modifying).
- In the case of a request to add a faculty member (the course owner) to a fellow participating in his course, it is done by submitting an official request from the faculty member (the course owner) and it contains the data of the participating fellow (name, university email) and the course data (course name, number course, division number); Which is sent directly to the Technical Support Department of the Distance Education Department, which makes the request and responds directly to the faculty member.
- A user who is not registered in the university system is added to the learning management system (Blackboard) upon an official request from his college; It is valid for a semester unless the period is mentioned in the official correspondence from the college.
- The process of modifying users' data sometimes requires time between 24 to 48 hours as a result of integration and impact processes in different databases.
- In cases of training courses and workshops that require making courses and enrolling users; The course or workshop coordinator is required to send the course and users data at least two working days before the course date, and it will be transferred to the Technical Support Department to take the necessary action, then receive the result of the request from the Technical Support Department and respond to the applicant.
- If the faculty member requests to create a question bank and add test questions from Word files (.docx), the faculty member is directed to receive training from the Distance Education Department and then provide technical support in case of any problems.
Blackboard course services:
- In the case of a request to merge electronic courses on the learning management system (Blackboard), a request to merge courses is submitted at the beginning of the semester by the college for all courses to be merged and sent directly to the Distance Education Department using the following form, and the request will be made within 48- 72 hours and reply directly to the college administration. The college administration will be obligated to communicate with the faculty members of the college to ensure that all the required departments are integrated.
- If a faculty member requests to change (open) a scheduled date in a previous semester on the Blackboard Learning Management System, the request is submitted directly to the Distance Education Department, which makes the request and implements it within 24 hours.
- The electronic course is deleted/archived after an academic year has passed in the learning management system (Blackboard), or upon an official request from the college, and the news is published on the learning portal (Blackboard) two months before it, and three university emails are sent to a faculty member teaching; The first message is at the beginning of the period, the second message is in the middle of the period, and the third message is 24 hours before implementation.
- In the event of a request from a user that the courses or sections do not match the Deanship of Admission and Registration; The user is required to send a letter from his university mail, containing a clear copy of his academic schedule from the Opera system.
Before the test: The faculty member must:
- 1. Building a question bank, activating the display of answers in random order, and reviewing questions and answers accurately.
- Add a description and instructions for the test, the duration of the test, and the number of attempts allowed.
- Building questions in a random block system Question Pool to reduce cheating among students.
- Activate the SafeAssign feature for essay questions, to reduce copying of texts.
- Correctly place the test settings from (determining the test availability time - adding an alert to the test - number of attempts - method of calculating the score - test timer - test display date and time, test end date and time - due date - random order in questions) as shown in the video Next, after adding them, they can communicate with technical support in the Distance Education Department for investigation and review.
- Adding the test for students in the list of course content in a special folder for tests for easy access, and guiding students to the place of the test, whether by university e-mail or WhatsApp groups.
- Using a desktop or laptop computer with Google Chrome browser and a strong Internet, and in the absence of a computer and relying on the mobile device; The system must be entered through the Google Chrome browser, not the Blackboard mobile application.
- Confirmation of the place of the test in the course and the date and time of the test from the subject teacher.
- Before starting the test, make sure that the device used is charged, the Internet signal is strong, and the device does not have a problem that may lead to interruption of the test.
- When sending the assignment and attaching a file; The file name must be in English or the university number, and make sure that the file is not empty, and the file extension is .doc, .docx or .pdf
In case of inquiring about the method of logging in or losing the password, you can communicate directly with the email of Ed's technical support center
Please refer to distance education (email@example.com) and the procedure will be completed within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Do not leave the test screen open and be preoccupied with any other matters, as this leads to the test being locked and the attempt lost.
During the test:
- The faculty member must: 1. Adhere to the instructions and tips mentioned before starting the test.
- Follow up on students during the test to aid and respond to their requests.
- Provide a means of communication between him and his students (such as a hotline or a WhatsApp group) to communicate immediately with his students.
- Communicate with technical support to solve the problem urgently as it occurs.
- Adhere to the instructions and warnings mentioned before starting the test.
- In the event of a problem during the test, record the problem in a video, and communicate with the subject teacher directly.
- In the event of a referral from the subject teacher to technical support, contact the hotline (call or WhatsApp) at the time of the problem at 00966543441323.
- The student shall bear the responsibility in the event of delay in reporting and documenting the problem.
Technical support provider must:
- Giving this type of problem priority in solving.
- If the quick solution is not completed or the exam time has expired, the following data is requested (full name - university number - mobile number - name of the course - section number - name of the test or assignment - description of the problem - date of the problem - timing of the problem - photos In high quality or a video about the problem - device type (mobile or PC) - name of the browser from which you entered the test - type of Internet connection) from the student on the technical support email firstname.lastname@example.org). The student is obligated to send from the university mail, and the problem is transferred to the Technical Support Center for investigation, and then receive the investigation report and respond to the student.
First case: The case of a faculty member or administrator: The faculty member or administrator must send the following information:
Do you have courses on Blackboard?
If the answer is (yes), attach an image of your schedule from Opera.
Second case: Student's case: The student must send the following information:
Do you have courses on Blackboard?
If the answer is (yes), attach an image of your schedule from Opera.
- Describe the problem clearly and completely.
- Use the university e-mail if communication is via e-mail.
Faculty members and regular students at the university.
Service Delivery Channels:
Remote live technical support, training manuals, phone call (mobile, administration phone), WhatsApp, e-mail.
Technical Support Numbers:
email@example.com to serve faculty members.
firstname.lastname@example.org to serve students.
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
The technical support service level agreement aims to clarify and indicate the quality of the level of services provided through the various service channels and services, And the rights and duties of both the distance education administration and the beneficiaries.
This agreement is an express and clear agreement between the administration and everyone who deals with it, whether or not he is aware of the agreement, and therefore mere access to any of the services covered by this agreement is an implicit and explicit consent of the recipients of those services, to all of what is stated in This Agreement is without prejudice to any other agreements that may be included in the provision of that Service.
The following are the obligations of both the Distance Education Department (the service provider) and the beneficiaries of the services:
Service Level Agreement: Expected time to close the order:
Email: 1 business day
E-tickets: 1 working day
WhatsApp: within 2 hours.
Landline: Immediately during working hours.
Department of Distance Learning Rights and Duties:
- The administration is committed to interacting with the correct messages and requests, and communicating with their owners within the specified period, which may increase or decrease depending on the situation.
- The administration is committed to applying accountability for the failure to communicate with the messages and requests received from the beneficiaries.
- The administration maintains the rules of fairness and privacy in dealing with beneficiaries' requests.
- The administration is committed to working on problems related to providing access to any section of the system.
- The Distance Education Department has the right to exclude applications that do not match or contain incorrect data.
- The Distance Education Department has the right to temporarily disable some services or systems for maintenance or other reasons.
- A visitor to the learning management system is prohibited from entering it for the purpose of damaging it or spoiling any of its contents.
- The learning management system visitor is keen to report any shortcomings or errors (if any), in order to improve the portal's content.
- The applicant bears full responsibility for his choices and the regulations governing services.