Based on the UBT Strategic Plan, the Jeddah College of Advertising aims to focus its research effort on certain strategic fields of study improving future prospects in the faculty development.
The idea of the research unit is to create a research ambience, establish a multidisciplinary team, bringing together experts of specific research topics and work as Research Incubator for junior researchers, such as PhD students, lecturers, and college students.
By working with qualitative and quantitative methodologies and techniques, the Communication Research Unit defines its research agenda across disciplinary boundaries. It includes but is not limited to different disciplines and research areas such as communication sciences, social sciences, semiotics and media and cultural studies, critical studies in advertising, audience studies, digital marketing information and analysis, social media analytics and digital ethnography.
The Communication Research Unit also proposes to focus on the emotional and cognitive aspects of advertising and mass media effectiveness, interactive narrative, virtual environments and visual strategic communication in order to be in line with the international and innovative approaches to the study of Advertising, Media and Communication.
The Communication Research Unit emphasizes different perspectives and collaborative actions, including international research cooperation, joint publications, conferences, and seminars, to support the progress of Communication and Advertising study, awareness, and application in KSA and at an international level.
Generate an academic research environment in the field of Communication and Advertising studies to produce and transfer knowledge in the community and create a learning ambience opened to the current changes and challenges at a local and global level.
- Link the new JCA scientific production to the main objectives of the UBT Strategic Plan and Mission.
- Establish the first JCA scientific environment supporting the creation of research groups from each JCA department, faculty members and student body.
- Establish a positive research environment in order to produce the quality of the research on different topics and areas of interest.
- Improve the international research collaboration with other universities.
- Encourage faculty and students to participate in the scientific research.
- Encourage faculty to publish in scientific journals.
- Encourage faculty to participate in international scientific conferences.
JCA Sari Campus
JCA Dahban Campus
Head of the Research Unit