Software Engineering could be defined as the application of engineering to the development of software in a systematic manner or a discipline that is concerned with all aspects of software production. The department strives to deliver the most effective software engineering learning; and explore research areas that contribute to the advancement of the community. It provides academic, hands-on experience through field exposure to the latest developments in Software Engineering. Students are offered four tracks with a total of 136 credit hours. These tracks are:
- Healthcare Applications.
- Big Data and Cloud Computing.
- Web and Smart Device Applications.
- Cyber Security
To be the center of excellence in the region for education, consultation and research in the field of Software Engineering
The mission of the Software Engineering Department is to graduate highly qualified Software Engineers who can fulfill the national and international needs in the field of Software Engineering; and to pursue applied research that contributes to the community. Our aim is to provide our graduates with the highest level of knowledge and skills required for excelling as Software Engineering leaders and entrepreneurs.
- Adopt and continuously practice life-long learning through post-graduate and professional education.
- Actively contribute to the advancement of engineering practice in the public or private sectors in the technical areas of Big Data and Cloud Computing, Healthcare applications, web and smart devices applications’ and cyber security.
- Graduate professional engineers who apply ethical and social aspects in the design and construction of solutions to Software engineering problems in natural and structured environments.