The accounting department at the College of Business and Technology develops the analytical and behavioral skills necessary for the success in dynamic, domestic and global financial environments. Courses are designed to provide students with an understanding of the relationship between business accounting and the economic system in the context of the management decision process. In addition, the appropriate use of technology, new organizational structure, entrepreneurial thinking, and international awareness are integrated throughout the program. It prepares students for entry level and leadership positions in the private and public sectors. Students seeking careers in real estate, corporate control, treasury functions, and investment will find the Accounting major well suited for their needs. The Accounting Department is one of the top programs in the country, offering a curriculum that serves the needs of students all over the region by offering a program that provides local and global perspectives, promotes critical thinking and develops effective communication skills.
The Accounting Program is also accredited by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA); a global body for professional accountants. This accreditation privileges our graduates an exemption from some modules if they are to get the certificate later to become a “Chartered Certified Accountant”
The program aims to:
- Provide students with the knowledge and skills in all areas of accounting practices: financial reporting, cost management, planning, decision-making, accounting information systems, zakat (alms) and taxation, and auditing.
- Develop students’ ability to understand and analyze the actual daily problems in the business world using tools and means, which are considered exclusive to the accounting major.
- Equip students with necessary practices of different accounting tools to be prepared for the real-world business environment.
- Develop students’ ability to direct and manage financial resources of private and public companies.
- Prepare students for professional and specialized examinations such as CMA, CPA as well as enhancing students’ capabilities to enter Saudi Organization of Certified Public Accountants Examinations (SOCPA).