Certified Planning Engineer (CPE®)
About the Course
All holders of this designation must have a solid knowledge in strategic planning and project planning.
This is an executive program exploring the world of planning consulting. The program is designed to facilitate a framework for providing management counsel to clients, institutions in the public and private sector. Candidates will incorporate the informational fabric from the core curriculum and become open to examples of comprehension in their technical expertise and experience in global consulting roles to organizations. The modules are created to show candidates the key topics of the profession and to discussed, analyzed and understood. Candidates will also be expected to work break out groups and teams to present consulting services to actual clients and prepare solutions to case studies.
By attending this practical and informative professional development program, you will:
Earn certification and learn cutting edge strategies in analysis and implementation of solutions for clients worldwide.
The Added Benefits You Will Receive Include:
- The ability to use the designation CPE® on your business card and resume
- 2-years membership to the AAPM professional body
- Access to the AAPM project management network and body of information online
- Access to the AAPM international journal published online
- Gold Seal Embossed CPE® Certificate with your name and designation
This highly practical qualification has been specifically designed for:
- Engineers and Executives
- Professional Consultants
Number of Attendees
The Maximum number of attendees for the Certified Project Consultant course is 20 Delegates and the Minimum is 10 Delegates
Mark Resson is a valuable asset within any organization and has been used extensively on specialist and consultative roles with project management and project management training. He has been involved since 1984 within the Project Management industry, having started his career in the Royal Air Force before working and delivering projects in the nuclear, public and private sector and the international sporting field. Over the past two years he has been engaged with various clients working on the improvement and development of the project management delivery either through bespoke learning experiences as an SME in the project management area writing methodologies for organizations or companies to improve the efficiency of their work streams and to assist with their effective delivery of projects.
Mark Reeson has been especially successful in the public sector gaining high esteem from many government organizations authoring new and improved ways of project management delivery. Having specialized through the Armed Forces and then the nuclear sector Mark has adapted and continues to develop his skills into a rounded consultant whilst still remaining an active project manager. Mark has recently become accredited as a Fellow of the American Academy of Project Management and has also been appointed a Sustainability Project Management Advisor. A published article author in national and international project publications Mark has been recognized as a specialist trainer and consultant in his discipline.
- Project Strategist for the decommission program for British Nuclear sites
- Author of new concept of training delivery “Living Learning”
- Author of emergency project management approach “Project Management Can Save the World”
- Co-author for the training of Sustainability in Project Management – 2011
- Published author from IPMA 2012 P5 Concept
- Speaker at APM Best Practice Seminar 2009
- Government Organizations author and training delivery of bespoke methodology
- International delivery of Project Management training
- Closure of MoD unit as part of the Government Armed Forces reduction
- Project Manager for the IOC International Children’s Games
- Development of Agile training and approaches
- Mentoring and Coaching to industry specific project managers
- Speaker for PMI on Sustainability in Project Management - Aug 2012
- University Accredited Course for Liverpool City Council as part of MSc qualification - Feb 2013
- Published author with Project magazine - Feb 2013
- Published author with PMWJ - May 2013
Qualifications & Professional Membership
- License of City & Guilds in Project Management
- Fellow of Association of Project Management
- APM Registered Project Professional
- PMI Project Management Professional
- Prince2 Practitioner
- P3O Practitioner
- Change Management Practitioner
The planning designation from AAPM is the CPE Certified Planning Engineer. Certified Planning Engineer CPE ™ The intention of this designation is to recognize the analysts and professionals who meet demanding requirements of planning and scheduling assets of experience, education, skill, knowledge and ethical qualifications. The CPE ™ requirement is to establish to recognize today's advanced planning & engineering professionals in the industry and to fairly measure their education, skill, experience and management practices.
- Understand Input, Tools and Techniques, and Output for each phase
- Comprehend different types of scheduling charts (Gantt, Milestone, Networking)
- Know different techniques of networking (ADM, PDM, and PERT)
- Master critical path and technology to do it.
- Know how to facilitate recovery through techniques such as crashing, fast tracking, managing slack and overtime.
- Understand how to calculate the Programmed Evaluation & Review Technique (PERT)
- Know how to calculate of the Schedule Performance Index (SPI)
- Tasks (FS, FF, SS, SF and lag)
- Learn about float is and how to determine.
- Calculate Early Start, Early Finish, Late Start, and Late Finish.
Coverage and Cases Studies of the Time Management Process
- Activity Definition
- Activity Sequencing
- Activity Duration Estimating
- Schedule Development
- Schedule Control
- Professional Training delivery by top trainers in the world.
- Materials which will be sent as soft copy 10 days before the start of the event and a hard copy which will be distributed on the first day of the training.
- Trainers cost including expenses incurred for the travel, accommodation and insurance.
- Certification by AAPM. Note: If a candidate doesn’t pass the exam, a fee of USD 150 is charged an exam retake to qualify for the AAPM certificate.
- Certificate of Attendance by UBT-CEC.
- Gain recognition from our Global International Board of Standards.
- Use of AAPM ® Board Certified Designations after your name on your Business Card and on your Promotional Materials.
- Membership Document.
- Use of the AAPM ® Member CEC Job Tools and Job Board http://certifiedprojectmanager.us/jobs.html
- Use of the AAPM ® ? Research, Publications and Web Tools.
- Ability to be listed on the AAPM employment certification verification web registry and possibly become a committee member.
- AAPM and UBT souvenirs (AAPM Pin , UBT VIP giveaway)
- Prerequisites: None
- English language: Fluent
- Experience: A minimum of two years of relevant professional experience
- Course Length: 4 days
- Available Dates:
- Week of: September, 7, 2014 I September, 21, 2014
- Week of: October, 12, 2014 I October, 19, 2014
- Week of: November, 9, 2014 I November, 16, 2014 I November, 30, 2014
- Week of: February 22, 2015
- Week of: March, 22, 2015 I March, 29, 2015
- Week of: June, 7, 2015
- Week of: September, 7, 2015
- Week of: October, 18, 2015
- Week of: November, 8, 2015 I November, 15, 2015 I November, 29, 2015