Curricula Vitae of the Vice Rector Jeddah Campus
Dr. Lulwa AlMutlaq, Chartered Fellow CIPD, CPHRC, Certified Coach
Vice Rector of Jeddah Campus
University of Business & Technology.
Vice Rector of Jeddah Campus
University of Business and Technology
P.O.Box 110200 Jeddah, 21361 Saudi Arabia
Email: Lulwa AlMutlaq
- August 1992: Ph.D. Education and Human Development/Administration in Human Services, Vanderbilt University, USA
- December 1984: MA. Community College Education/Vocational Education. Northern Arizona University, USA
- May 1984: Bachelor of Science, Northern Arizona University, USA
- October 1981: Teacher Training Certificate, College of Health Sciences, Bahrain
- August 1978: Associate Degree in Radiographic Technology, College of Health Sciences, Bahrain
Professional & Academic Awards:
- December 2015. Bahraini Women Day Award by Her Royal Highness Princess Sabeeka bint Ibrahim Al Khalifa, wife of His Royal Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa and President of the Supreme Council for Women, in recognition of achievement and contribution to the Banking and Financial Sector in Bahrain.
- December 2015. Bahraini Women Day Award by His Excellency Mr. Khaled Abdulrahman AlMoaayed, Chairman of Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI) in recognition of achievement and contribution to the Banking and Financial Sector in Bahrain and being the Chairwoman of BCCI Training, Human Resources and Education Committee.
- March 2012: Graduate of The UNIDO/ARCEIT Enterprise Development & Investment Promotion Program (Batch 61)
- December 2006: OXIM Professional Excellence Award, UK
- August 2006: Honorary Certified Doctorate Award, Oxford Association of Management, United Kingdom
- August 2006: Oxford Innovation Award 2006
- December 1992. Ministry of Education Award for Outstanding Achievement in Higher Studies (PhD).
- December 1985. Ministry of Education Award for Outstanding Achievement in Higher Studies (Master of Arts).
- December 1978. Ministry of Education Award for Outstanding Achievement in Higher Studies (Bachelor of Science)
- August 1984: Cum Laude, Dean List, Northern Arizona University, USA
- Certification in Advanced Human Resources Executive Program, Michigan Business School, USA
- Certification in Advanced Human Resources: Policies & Practices Program, Cranfield University School of Management, UK
- Diploma on Promoting International Labor Organization (ILO) Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work, International Labor Organization, Turin, Italy
- Certification in the Administration and Interpretation of Occupational Testing & Occupational Personality Questionnaires (Saville & Holdsworth, UK)
Vice Rector @ University of Business & Technology, Jeddah – Saudi Arabia March 2016.
Founding President & Chairperson of Board of Directors
- Golden Trust Training & Consultancy – established on 24th April 2007
- Golden Trust Business Consultancy W.L.L. – established on 4th October 2006
- Golden Bio Trading – established on 5th December 2012
Senior Vice President @ Arab Banking Corporation B.S.C. Head Office Bahrain, March 1996 – Sept. 2006
- Senior Vice President “SVP”, Human Resources & Administration. Started working as Deputy Training Manager then progressed into several positions till reached SVP position.
College of Health Sciences, 1980 – 1996
- Started as Instructor and held several positions such as Lecturer, Head of Programme, Head of Educational Development Center & Senior Curriculum Specialist. Also holds Positions in the Academic Council and Faculty Council, which are the two highest councils Responsible for decision-making process on different college’s issues. Taught courses and provide workshops on Education, Management, leadership and research development.
University of Bahrain, 1993 - 1995
- Part-time Assistant Professor at the College of Business Administration, University of Bahrain. Taught courses such as Basic Personnel, Introduction to Business Administration, and Advanced Management System.
Bahrain Institute of Banking & Finance, 1993 - 1995
- Part-time Faculty Member at the Bahrain Institute for Banking and Finance (BIBF) Evening Program. Teaching Supervisory Skills Evening course of the Intermediate Banking Diploma Program
Ministry of Health, 1973 – 1980
- Directly after graduating from High School, worked as Assistant Radiographer, Radiographic Technician before pursue a career in teaching, training and human resources.
- Member of Board of Trustees (Deputy Chairman), The Human Resources Development Fund - Banking and Financial Sector (HRDF), Bahrain
- Board Member, Supreme Council for Vocational Training, Kingdom of Bahrain
- Member of Advisory Board, National Authority for Qualification & Quality Assurance of Education & Training, Kingdom of Bahrain – 15th July 2013
- Chairman, Training, Human Resources and Education Committee, Bahrain Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Member of Joint Bahraini Qatari Business Council, BCCI, Kingdom of Bahrain
- Member, Economic Committee, Member, Economic Empowerment Committee, Supreme Council for Women, Kingdom of Bahrain. (Appointed by Her Royal Highness Princess Sabeeka bint Ibrahim Al Khalifa, wife of His Royal Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa and President of the Supreme Council for Women) (Term completed)
- Member of Economic Committee of the Supreme Council for Women (Appointed by Her Royal Highness Princess Sabeeka bint Ibrahim Al Khalifa, wife of His Royal Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa and President of the Supreme Council for Women (Term completed)
- Nominated by ex. Minister of Labor & Social Affairs as a member in two national taskforces (1) to study a Master National Plan for Vocational Training and Human Resource Development and (2) to establish a regional research, information and development center for human resource development and training. (Projects completed)
National Professional Membership & Volunteer Work:
- Board Member @ the Board of Director, Bahrain Businessmen’s Association, Kingdom of Bahrain, March 2013
- Board Member (Ex-President), Bahrain Society of Owners of Private Training Institute, Kingdom of Bahrain 2012
- Board Member, Director of Women Affairs and Research & Development, Bahrain Management Society (Ex. President), Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Businesswomen’s Committee Member, Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Kingdom of Bahrain, Feb 2013 (Term Completed)
- Member Bahrain Businesswomen Society, Kingdom of Bahrain (Ex. Board Member & Director of Cultural Committee 2010 – 2011 & Ex. Member, Cooperative Committee between Supreme Council for Women and NGOs (representing Bahrain Business Women Society)
- Life Member of Bahrain Society for Training and Human Development “BSTD”, Kingdom of Bahrain
- Member of Arabian Society for Human Resource Management, ASHRM, (Served as Board Member, Director of Bahrain Affairs from 1998 – 2003), ARAMCO, Saudi Arabia.
- Board Member, Bahrain Society of Small and Medium Enterprises “SMEs” (Founder and Ex-President), Kingdom of Bahrain
- Member of the National Qualification Framework Technical Committee
- Member of the National Qualification Framework of the Working Group of The Quality Assurance Authority for Education & Training - 17th March 2010
- One of the Founders and Shareholders of Ahlia University, Bahrain
- Member of Qualifications and Standards Committee, Gulf Insurance Institute, Bahrain
Regional & International Professional Membership:
- Certified Coach (Professional Coaching Practitioner). TPS, UK (Approved by ACSTH International Coach Federation and Association of Coaching
- FCIPD - Chartered Fellow of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), UK
- Ex. Member, Society of Human Resource Management “SHRM” USA
- Ex. Member, Saudi Management Association, Saudi Arabia
- Ex. Affiliate Member, American Society for Training & Development “ASTD”, USA
- Ex. Affiliate Member, American Management Association “AMA”, USA
- Ex. Member, Cranfield Management Association “CMA”, UK
Some of the Official Delegation/Participation:
- Participated with the Bahrain Delegation to the 44th IFTDO Conference “ The Performance Pipeline: Beyond HR, Malaysia, 24 – 27 August 2015
- Participated in the China - GCC Countries Economic and Trade Forum / September 15th, 2013. Conference Hall, Kempinski Hotel, Yinchuan City, Ningxia, China.
- Participated with the Bahrain Delegation to “39th ARTDO International Leadership and HRD Conference: Enriching Borderless Learnvironments”
- November 14-16, 2012. Radisson Blu Hotel, Cebu City, Philippines
- Participated in the “National Strategic Planning of Bahrain Women Empowerment”
- The Supreme Council for Women, Under the patronage of Her Highness Shaikha Sabeeka Bint Ibrahim Al Khalifa
- October 17-18, 2012, Kingdom of Bahrain
- Participated in “International Visitor Leadership Program On Small Business Development”
- The United States Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs
- July 30 – August 17, 2012, Four States in United States (Washington DC, Minnesota, Kentucky, Washington Seattle)
- Participated in The MENA BUSINESSWOMEN’S NETWORK FORUM ’12: Unleashing the Economic Potential of Women in the MENA Region
- April 12-13, 2012. Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Participated in The 1st Turkey-Gulf Cooperation Council Business Forum
- February 06-07, 2012, Four Seasons Hotel Bosphorus, Istanbul
- Nominated & Participated as one of the official delegation representing Kingdom of Bahrain at the following regional and international conferences and Seminars:
- Women and Economical Development Forum, Kuwait منتدى المرأة العربية والأقتصاد (2004) دولة الكويت
- 88th meeting of International Labor Organization “ILO” Geneva
- IFTDO International Federation for Training and Development Organization Conferences which were held in Cairo, Malaysia, UK and Ireland.
|Metcalfe, B. D. and Mutlaq, L. 2011 'A critical appraisal of the feminine in leadership theorising in the Middle East', in Metcalfe, B.D. Mnoumi, F.(eds) Leadership Development in the Middle East, Edward Elgar
|Thinking of getting involved in organizing an international conference?
A look at some of the concerns issues and benefits of organizing an international conference, from the trainers' and managers' view. I share my experience from being involved in the organization of the Arabian Society of
|Training Matters: Promoting Human Potential Development across Asia
Issue #6, Apr - Jun, 1999
|Women and the Challenges of Administrative Work
It highlights the challenges facing women managers in the near future and suggests ways to cope successfully with these challenges in order to enhance women role and increase productivity and contribution in society. It also discusses the main skills required for women in managerial positions in the new millennium.
|International Journal for Administrative Sciences
Issue 3 no. 1, March-May 1998
|Perceptions of College of Health Sciences Environment: Development of Guidelines for Implementing Curriculum Integration in Bahrain
Ph.D. Dissertation-Vanderbilt University, USA
Has presented many papers on Human Resources Management, Leadership, Quality, Women Empowerment in local, regional and international conferences and symposiums.
Some Consultation & Special Project Work:
- 2014/15: Organization and Human Development Consultancy Project. Gulf Marcom Marketing Co. W.L.L. Kingdom of Bahrain
- 2013: Working in a Multi-gender Environment, Islamic Development Bank, Saudi Arabia
- 2013: Organizational Restructuring & Human Resources System Consultancy. Ajial Consultancy & Event Organizing & Advertising
- 2009: Training Needs Identification and Analysis, Royal Charity Organization, Kingdom of Bahrain
- 2008: Talent Management & Succession Planning, Takaful International Co., Kingdom of Bahrain
- 2008: Human Resource Restructuring Project, Al Safir Hotel & Tower, Kingdom of Bahrain
- 2008: Establishment of Employee Assessment Center, Solidarity Group, Kingdom of Bahrain
- 2006: Assessment of Women in Managerial Posts. AlRajihi Group, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.